CLAC has a great team of coaches to support our athletes through regular training sessions. Meet our Coaching Team here.
The focus for CLAC training is technique and skill acquisition across the event groups. Attendance at training is not compulsory but it’s highly recommended for athletes to learn how to perform and improve in their events in a smaller group setting. Our training program is only available to athletes in the U6 age groups and above. Athletes in the U6-U8 age groups will participate in games based training activities.
Training takes place on Monday and Wednesday evenings, from 5.30 – 6.30pm (unless otherwise communicated). The schedule will be subject to coach availability and athlete demand and updates will be circulated via TeamApp. All attendees are to check in via the onsite QR code – this applies to both athletes and parents/carers.
From time to time we may offer training sessions on Sunday. Information on Sunday training sessions will be provided via TeamApp.
You need to book to attend training sessions!
Follow the links below and please register prior to each session for each athlete.
*Training only available to athletes in U6 and above*
There’s no training on Wednesday, 26 January as it’s the Australia Day public holiday.
Future dates will be added shortly!
*All communications about training, including weather cancellations, will be circulated to the 2021/22 Training Communications group on Team App.
Please make sure you’ve joined this group.
Coaches will be in attendance at our Friday night competitions, offering feedback and technical support in a competition setting.
No training will be held during school holidays or on public holidays unless otherwise communicated.
Training is offered at Campbell Field for U6 and above only. If younger siblings are present at training, children must be supervised by a parent/carer off the field. A parent/carer must be present at the ground at all times during training. If a child is found present without supervision, they will be unable to participate in the training session and a parent/carer will be called to collect them.
Unfortunately parents are not able to participate in the training sessions as athletes.
Little Athletics NSW have a large range of coaching resources available on their website to give you an overview and introduction to athletics events. You can access these here.
Training Rules and Guidelines
- Only registered athletes are permitted to attend training sessions.
- All attendees (both athletes and parents/carers) are to check in via the onsite QR code to have their attendance recorded. This is for both COVID tracing and insurance purposes. Spectators and/or children not participating in training must not be on the field.
- Athletes require a supervising adult at all times to remain at the field in case of emergency or cancellation of training due to bad weather. Any athlete found unsupervised will be unable to participate in training.
- As on competition nights, no athletes should be walking across the field when throwing events are taking place. All athletes participating in track training are to stay off the field and walk around the outside of the track if needing to cross to the other side of the field.
- All athletes are to follow the instructions of coaching staff at all times.
- All athletes must bring suitable footwear i.e. joggers, and spikes if you have them.
- Suitable clothing for training must be worn.
- All athletes must bring a bottle of water.
- Do not train if sick or injured.
- Advise the coach if you need to leave early.
- Try your best and have fun!