There is no club competition on the Friday night prior to the Zone Championship weekend.
Zone Championships are conducted in each of the 23 Zones throughout the State. Canterbury is in the Inner City Zone along with, Eastern Suburbs, South Eastern, Randwick-Botany, Inner West, Balmain and Tiger Wests.
- U7-U11 age groups may compete in four (4) events plus a relay.
- U12-U17 age groups may compete in six (6) events plus a relay.
Note: Canterbury can only enter five athletes in each event per age group (U7 – U11 only). If more than five athletes wish to enter an event, entry will be based on results and participation at Club competition on Friday nights. You will be contacted in this instance to provide an alternate event choice.
Events on the day: As a parent/carer it is your responsibility to ensure your child gets to marshalling on time. You are less likely to miss a call if you are sitting in the Canterbury seating area.
Parent Roster: You will be expected to complete a duty at the carnival, as per Parent Duty Levy requirements. Remember it is a condition of your child’s entry that you assist on one of the days. An online roster will be set up for this event, once we receive more information.
How to enter:
Please note: Zone Championship Entry is by on-line nomination only.
Event Championships is open to all athletes from the U7-U17 age groups.
The steps to do this are as follows:
1. Click on the “Family Log In” button on the right side of the Canterbury Little Athletics website (www.clac.org.au)
2. Log in using the email address you provided when registering your child with Little Athletics NSW as the username. If you are unsure of your password, click the “Forgotten your password?” link to reset it. If you don’t know which email address you used or can not see all registered athletes from your family when you log in, please email email@example.com
3. Once you have logged in, you will see a “Nominations” link at the top of the page. Click on this link.
4. Click on the “Begin Nomination” button to nominate events for the “Zone Championships”.
5. Each child will now have a list of available events, with the date that the event is scheduled for. You can now nominate for the events your child wishes to compete in. Keep in mind that there are limits to how many you can nominate for, which varies depending on the age group. This limit is shown next to your child’s name. If you choose too many events, you will not be able to continue until you have removed any extras.
Please ignore the times listed next to events. These have all been set to 12:00 as the zone program has not been released yet.
The scheduled days have been taken from last years program and are subject to change once the program is published.
6. Once you click “Next”, you should see a summary of the events chosen.
7.Click “Next” to continue to the summary and then payments screen. You will need to choose the “Payment Method” to continue.
8. Events can be edited up until the closing date. Nominations after this date CAN NOT be taken – this is a strict closing date.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org