Training is offered at Campbell Field for U8’s and above only on Monday, Wednesday and Sunday throughout the season.
Attendance at training is not compulsory, but is a good way for athletes to be shown the skills and mechanics of events in a smaller group setting. Athletes will be given demonstrations, tips and practice not possible on our Friday competition nights. Coaching is provided by our trained coaching staff and is free of charge.
No training will be held during school holidays and on public holidays, unless otherwise advertised.
Please keep an eye on Team App and this webpage for schedule and training changes and updates.
Mid Week Training Schedule
Monday: 5pm – 7pm
5:00-5:30 – Group Warm-Up and Attendance
Shot Put – Anthony
Long Jump – Amil
Middle Distance – Beginners/Advanced – Paul
Hurdles/Sprint Relays – Bradley
Middle Distance Advanced – Paul
Sprints – Bradley
Discus – Anthony
5:45-6:00- Group Warm-Up and Attendance
Discus – Sam
High Jump – Amil
Middle Distance – Paul
Sprints – Bradley
Sunday Skills Clinics
These clinics are designed to teach the basic skills and techniques of the events. Athletes will receive one on one instruction not possible on a competition night.
Attendance at these clinics is by sign up only.
Sunday Skills Clinic information will be distributed by email in the lead up to the clinic.
- Only people who are on the sign on sheet to be on the field, for insurance reasons spectators and/or children not participating in training must not be on the field.
- Athletes require a supervising adult at all times to remain at the field in case of emergency or cancellation of training due to bad weather. Any athlete found unsupervised will be unable to participate in training.
- As on competition nights, no athletes should be walking across the field when throwing events are taking place. All athletes participating in track training are to stay off the field and walk around the outside of the track if needing to cross to the other side of the field.
- All athletes are to follow the instructions of coaching staff at all times.
- All athletes must bring suitable footwear i.e. joggers, and spikes if you have them.
- Suitable clothing for training must be worn.
- All athletes must bring a bottle of water.
- Do not train if sick or injured.
- Advise the coach if you need to leave early.