The weather is looking good for a return to competition this week.
We will be running our Series B Program
Hope to see you all there.
Competition has been cancelled for this Friday, 20th September 2019.
Unfortunately, the ground has not recovered from all the rain during the week and is closed.
If you had signed up for a duty, please remember to sign up for a replacement one in the coming weeks.
We hope to see you all there next Friday night.
Welcome to Canterbury Little Athletics for the 2019/20 season.
Our first night of competition will commence this Friday (13th September) at 6pm.
For those of you who have signed up for a duty, please ensure that you arrive on time, and report to our Duty Register desk to get Signed-off and grab a vest.
All children are to keep away from the equipment on the ground during set-up (particularly High Jump), and line-up behind their Age Group trolley prior to the 6pm start.
Trial members are to line up at the Trials Desk. Please bring your receipt, get marked off on the attendance sheet and pick up a Trial bib before competing. It is advisable to get there early, to ensure you complete this process before 6pm, as we have approximately 60 trial members at this stage.
Uniforms will be on sale at the ground on the night, for those that don’t have one yet. Please ensure that your child has their rego number attached to their singlet before competing.
If you put your child’s uniform in to get the patches sewn on, please ensure you arrive early so that you can pick it up.
If you have any questions on the night, please feel free to speak to one of our committee members, who will be wearing a blue Canterbury shirt.
At this stage the weather is looking good, so we hope to see everyone there.
This Friday night (6pm) we will be holding our New Members Night.
There will be no point score competition this week. Instead, it will be a chance for new members to learn the basic skills in a more relaxed atmosphere before the season gets underway.
It will also be an opportunity for parents to learn how the events are run/recorded/measured, as well as ask questions regarding the season and the running of our Centre.
Whilst the night is aimed at New Members, re-registering members and parents are also welcome to come along.
Hope to see you there!
Registrations for the new season (2019/20) are OPEN
You can find all Registration information HERE
Please note the following dates for the commencement of our season:
1st August 2019 – Registrations open (Early-bird prices)
17th August 2019 – Early-bird price cutoff
24th August 2019 – Athlete Pack Collection Day 1
30th August 2019 – New members night (No point score)
8th September 2019 – Athlete Pack Collection Day 2 (last one)
13th September 2019 – First night of competition
The committee have inspected the ground and spoken to the grounds man, but unfortunately we have decided to cancel tonight’s competition. Due to all the rain throughout the week, the long jump pits are under water and the tracks are far too wet to be used. Hopefully the weather will be kinder to us next week and we can get back to running our athletics program.
Entries now closed
Event Championship Entry is by nomination only.
If you do not nominate for events by 31st October, you will not be able to compete on these nights.
The Canterbury Event Championships will be held on 3rd November, 2017 & 10th November, 2017 at Campbell Field.
The Event Championships is based on the same two-week program that we use throughout the season, although athletes may only compete in a set number of events, which varies for each age group. The first 3 places in each event will be awarded a trophy on our presentation night (1 trophy per athlete, with each event that they get a top 3 place listed on the trophy)
Event Championships is open to all athletes from the U6-U17 age groups. Tiny tots do not compete in the Event Championships but still attend to complete their usual program.
In order to nominate for events in the Canterbury Little Athletics Event Championships, you will need to log in to the Results HQ website. This is the same website that you can use to view your child’s results throughout the season.
The steps to do this are as follows:
1. Click on the “Family Log In” button on the right side of the Canterbury Little Athletics website.
2. Log in using the email address you provided when registering your child with Little Athletics NSW as the username. If you are unsure of your password, click the “Forgotten your password?” link to reset it. If you don’t know which email address you used, please email email@example.com before Monday, 20th February.
3. Once you have logged in, you will see a “New Notifications” link in Red at the top of the page. Click on this link.
4. Click on the “View” link to see any Nomination Events that you have been invited to nominate for.
5. Click on the “Register” link to nominate events for the “Canterbury Event Championships”.
6. Each child will now have a list of available events, with the date that the event is scheduled for. You can now nominate for the events your child wishes to compete in. Keep in mind that there are limits to how many you can nominate for, which varies depending on the age group. This limit is shown next to your child’s name. If you choose too many events, the “Next” button at the bottom will not be displayed.
7. Once you click “Next”, you should see a summary of the events chosen. This list will also be emailed to you.
8. Events can be edited up until 8:00pm on Tuesday, 31st October. Nominations after this date will not be taken, as we need time to prepare Start Lists for the first week of Event Championships.
If you are having problems with any of the above steps, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.
Please Note: We’ve closed registrations for the U7, U9 and U10 age groups due to overwhelming interest. No more registrations will be taken for this age group.
All registrations for season 2017/18 are ONLINE ONLY.
You can register online here.
Please register with an email address that you check. This will be our means of communication with you throughout the season.
Once again uniforms will be available for purchase on line during the registration process.
No bags will be available for pick up on Friday Nights
Our Collection days have already taken place. Athletes can not compete without having collected this pack as it contains their registration number which must be worn during competition.
If you have not picked up your pack, you will need to arrange a time to collect your pack from the club Secretary (email@example.com)
New Registrations Information:
Canterbury Little Athletics is run entirely by parents and community volunteers.
When signing your child up to Canterbury Little Athletics, you are expected to be involved and you are agreeing to help run our Friday night competitions, by completing parent duties.
If you are looking for an activity where you able able drop your children and then leave, Little Athletics is not for you.
All Parents must be present on the grounds at all times.
Little Athletics NSW do not have any involvement in the day to day running of Canterbury Little Athletics and no one gets paid at our centre. So while you are paying a ‘fee’, please be mindful that this is a community run organisation where all of the money goes back into the club. Please do not expect ‘service’ as you would get if you were involved in an activity with a private company with paid staff.
While we do our best, we are all volunteers, mainly parents of athletes, with our own families, lives and jobs. So please be mindful of this in your expectations and your interactions with committee members and age managers.
Registrations for this season are set up as family registrations to include the Parent Duty Bond (see information below).
If you log in to register and can not see the details of all the children you are registering, this means that you are not logged in as the primary member. If you are unsure of which of your children is the primary member or of your username or password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Registration Fees:
These fees include the Parent Duty Bond $50 per family, which will be refunded at the end of the season, if at least 6 duties have been completed.
Family Registration for 1 child : $165
Family Registration for 2 children : $275
Family Registration for 3 children : $385
Family Registration for 4 children : $495
* In addition to the registration fee the Centre levies a Parent Duty Bond of $50 per family in order to encourage parents to fulfill duties – 6 per season, plus duties at Zone, Region and State where applicable.
The $50 bond is included in the family registration fee.
This bond is payable at registration and families are eligible for a full refund after completing all duties for the season. Refunds are paid by the end of May, once you have supplied the CLAC treasurer with your bank details. Failure to complete all duties will result in the Centre retaining the Parent Duty Bond.
Next Steps once you have registered:
1. You must SIGN UP for at least 6 Parent Duties (per family) via the ‘Parent Duties Sign Up’ located here.
If you sign up for a duty and then can not make the specified time, it is your responsibility to swap via the swap feature on the website or to contact the club secretary prior to Friday night competition.
2. PRINT a confirmation of your Parent Duty sign ups and bring it with you when collecting your registration pack.
3. Arrange Registration Pack/Uniform collection with the Club Secretary
ENSURE you have:
Ø Printed receipt of registration and payment
Ø Proof of Parent Duty Sign Up
Ø Proof of age for NEW REGISTRATIONS
NO REGISTRATIONS WILL BE PROCESSED WITHOUT PROOF OF VOLUNTEERING COMMITMENTS.
Changes to Registration Numbers Season 2017/18
This season all athletes in Little Athletics NSW will receive unique registration numbers. This change will help officials identify an athlete with ease.
As per last season, athletes in the 12-17 age groups will automatically be Dual registered with both LANSW and ANSW when they register. During the registration process athletes can nominate a seniors club or choose to remain as an independent athlete. If they wish to change their club affiliation during the season they just need to contact LANSW to do this.
All athletes will receive a unique registration number that they will wear to all LANSW and ANSW events, each dual-registered athlete will get 2 copies of their number. These numbers will be different to the registration numbers issued to athletes 11 years and below. If you need a third number patch for senior competition please contact Rebecca Newton at LANSW.
This season we are collecting more detailed medical information through the online registration form. This will help age managers and First Aid officers have better information when dealing with the athletes and any injuries or medical issues that may arise.
It is very important that parent/carers accurately fill in this information and list any medical issues we may need to be aware of. These may include, but are not limited to epilepsy, bone disorders, asthma, anaphylaxis, arthritic disorders, autism, ADD, heart issues or diabetes.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com
This Friday 7th April is our AGM and Annual Presentation Evening to be held at Campbell Field.
We are yet to recieve any nomination forms for executive or general committee poisitons for the 2017/18 season. We really need more members to become involved in the club, to continue its growth and to share the work load. If you can help in any way, please find the nomination form for 2017/18 here.
Our Presentation Evening will kick off at 4:30pm with a free BBQ, and the canteen will be open for purchasing of drinks and snacks.
We have lots of people to feed and still have spots on the Canteen and BBQ roster which can be found here. A great way to help out, or make up for those 6 duties, to recieve your parent duty bond back, if you didn’t quite make it.
Our AGM will begin at 6:15 pm:
The business of the meeting will be as follows:
- Formal Opening
- Confirmation of the minutes 2015/16 annual general meeting
- Presentation of annual reports from executive committee and age managers
- Election of 2017/18 executive committee
- Special Presentations and Awards:
4 Year Medals Centre Records
10 Year Awards State Awards
Farewell Awards Allan Shaw Trophy
Thank You Presentation
7. Presentation by Sophie Cotsis MP, Member for Canterbury, Shadow Minister for Women, Disability Services, Multiculturalism and Ageing
This will be followed by our presentations of age group trophies and awards.
- Personal Best Certificate: Each athlete from U6 – U17 will recieve a Personal Best Certificate.
- Participation Awards: Will be presented to
- each Tiny Tot who has met the participation crtiteria.
- U6 – U9 athletes who are not awarded a major trophy and have met the participation criteria
- Point score trophies (please note: no trophies will be given for walks for the point score season)
- Event Championship Trophies (Week 2 Events)
We hope to see all of you there this Friday to celebrate the end of a very successful season!
Canterbury Little Athletics Committee