Thank you to everyone who nominated for the Inner City Zone Championships this season.
We have had a fantastic response, with over 130 athletes nominating.
More information will be distributed over the coming weeks.
The Inner City Zone Championships will be held on the weekend of 7th-8th December 2019 at E.S Marks Athletics Track, Kensington.
The cost of entering is $20 per athlete, which will include a Canterbury Representative shirt.
Entry (and payment) is via nomination through the Results HQ website.
Entries close on 18th November, 2019 and are open to all athletes between u7-u17.
Please see HERE for more information and instructions for nominating.
Club Championships have been postponed !!!
Our Club Championships have been postponed due to technical difficulties with our nomination system.
We will now be running the Championships in February.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
The weather is looking good for a return to competition this week.
We will be running our Series B Program
Hope to see you all there.
Competition has been cancelled for this Friday, 20th September 2019.
Unfortunately, the ground has not recovered from all the rain during the week and is closed.
If you had signed up for a duty, please remember to sign up for a replacement one in the coming weeks.
We hope to see you all there next Friday night.
Welcome to Canterbury Little Athletics for the 2019/20 season.
Our first night of competition will commence this Friday (13th September) at 6pm.
For those of you who have signed up for a duty, please ensure that you arrive on time, and report to our Duty Register desk to get Signed-off and grab a vest.
All children are to keep away from the equipment on the ground during set-up (particularly High Jump), and line-up behind their Age Group trolley prior to the 6pm start.
Trial members are to line up at the Trials Desk. Please bring your receipt, get marked off on the attendance sheet and pick up a Trial bib before competing. It is advisable to get there early, to ensure you complete this process before 6pm, as we have approximately 60 trial members at this stage.
Uniforms will be on sale at the ground on the night, for those that don’t have one yet. Please ensure that your child has their rego number attached to their singlet before competing.
If you put your child’s uniform in to get the patches sewn on, please ensure you arrive early so that you can pick it up.
If you have any questions on the night, please feel free to speak to one of our committee members, who will be wearing a blue Canterbury shirt.
At this stage the weather is looking good, so we hope to see everyone there.
This Friday night (6pm) we will be holding our New Members Night.
There will be no point score competition this week. Instead, it will be a chance for new members to learn the basic skills in a more relaxed atmosphere before the season gets underway.
It will also be an opportunity for parents to learn how the events are run/recorded/measured, as well as ask questions regarding the season and the running of our Centre.
Whilst the night is aimed at New Members, re-registering members and parents are also welcome to come along.
Hope to see you there!
Registrations for the new season (2019/20) are OPEN
You can find all Registration information HERE
Please note the following dates for the commencement of our season:
1st August 2019 – Registrations open (Early-bird prices)
17th August 2019 – Early-bird price cutoff
24th August 2019 – Athlete Pack Collection Day 1
30th August 2019 – New members night (No point score)
8th September 2019 – Athlete Pack Collection Day 2 (last one)
13th September 2019 – First night of competition
The committee have inspected the ground and spoken to the grounds man, but unfortunately we have decided to cancel tonight’s competition. Due to all the rain throughout the week, the long jump pits are under water and the tracks are far too wet to be used. Hopefully the weather will be kinder to us next week and we can get back to running our athletics program.
Entries now closed
Event Championship Entry is by nomination only.
If you do not nominate for events by 31st October, you will not be able to compete on these nights.
The Canterbury Event Championships will be held on 3rd November, 2017 & 10th November, 2017 at Campbell Field.
The Event Championships is based on the same two-week program that we use throughout the season, although athletes may only compete in a set number of events, which varies for each age group. The first 3 places in each event will be awarded a trophy on our presentation night (1 trophy per athlete, with each event that they get a top 3 place listed on the trophy)
Event Championships is open to all athletes from the U6-U17 age groups. Tiny tots do not compete in the Event Championships but still attend to complete their usual program.
In order to nominate for events in the Canterbury Little Athletics Event Championships, you will need to log in to the Results HQ website. This is the same website that you can use to view your child’s results throughout the season.
The steps to do this are as follows:
1. Click on the “Family Log In” button on the right side of the Canterbury Little Athletics website.
2. Log in using the email address you provided when registering your child with Little Athletics NSW as the username. If you are unsure of your password, click the “Forgotten your password?” link to reset it. If you don’t know which email address you used, please email email@example.com before Monday, 20th February.
3. Once you have logged in, you will see a “New Notifications” link in Red at the top of the page. Click on this link.
4. Click on the “View” link to see any Nomination Events that you have been invited to nominate for.
5. Click on the “Register” link to nominate events for the “Canterbury Event Championships”.
6. Each child will now have a list of available events, with the date that the event is scheduled for. You can now nominate for the events your child wishes to compete in. Keep in mind that there are limits to how many you can nominate for, which varies depending on the age group. This limit is shown next to your child’s name. If you choose too many events, the “Next” button at the bottom will not be displayed.
7. Once you click “Next”, you should see a summary of the events chosen. This list will also be emailed to you.
8. Events can be edited up until 8:00pm on Tuesday, 31st October. Nominations after this date will not be taken, as we need time to prepare Start Lists for the first week of Event Championships.
If you are having problems with any of the above steps, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.